HOW TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR FURNITURE
• Dust with a soft or slightly damp cloth.
• Never use abrasive products, chlorinated products, degreasers, and linseed oil which clogs and darkens the wood.
• Avoid direct exposure to sunlight and heat.
• Sudden temperature changes and low humidity can cause warping and cracks.
• Never place a wet or hot container on unprotected furniture, as this may leave difficult to remove marks.
Protection & Care
Because protection is essential for the improved conservation of your untreated teak furniture, we have selected protective products suitable for each use. We strongly recommend that you protect the surfaces of the most exposed furniture such as bathroom surfaces. In indoor use and unprotected, teak will patinate over time and turn a golden brown color.
This oil is a non-film-forming and transparent protective product. It penetrates deeply and coats the fibers. It has the essential property of waterproofing wood and protecting it from everyday staining. It is suitable for all types of wood.
A natural finish with a matt, non-film-forming appearance. The color obtained can vary according to the wood species and wood colors. The product enhances the original color of the wood, test beforehand in a non-visible area.
It is very difficult to sand an oiled piece of furniture to return to the bare wood. The choice of this finish is, therefore "definitive".
Over time, the wood lightens or dries out. Simply clean it without sanding the damaged areas and re-coat it with oil.
• Standard interior use: Clear Oil, for Furniture (Syntilor brand)
• Intensive indoor use (bathrooms, kitchens, tables, etc.): Clear Oil, for Worktops (Syntilor brand)
Varnish forms a thin, transparent film that covers the surface of the wood. It is resistant to impact, abrasion, scratches, and stains. It is suitable for all types of wood.
Natural finish with a matt film-forming appearance. The color obtained can vary according to the wood species and wood colors. The product enhances the original color of the wood, test beforehand in a non-visible area.
This type of finish is not suitable for local repairs. If the furniture is damaged, even on a small surface, it is necessary to take the whole piece back to the wood.
Very simple, dusting and then cleaning the furniture with a damp cloth is sufficient. In case of scratches or impact damage, sand and varnish the entire area again. A localized repair may be visible.
Varnish is very durable. When some areas are worn, it is preferable to sand and varnish the entire piece.
• Standard interior use: Clear Matt Varnish for Furniture and Objects (Syntilor brand)
• Intensive indoor use (bathrooms, kitchens, tables, etc) : Clear Varnish for Kitchen and Bathroom (Syntilor brand)